Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Guess where I am?

Once I put this title, you guys should know this is going to be my first post in Dublin. If you didn't knew that I was in Ireland, you must have been off Instagram, Twitter and Facebook for the past months. So just recently it has been 72 days since I set foot in Dublin, and settled in nicely. Love my room, love my housemates, and seriously nothing could be better. Apparently the weather here has been really kind to us as there was so little rain in September! So lets start this post on August 31st shall we. It was kind of a packed day because I just only started packing on the day right before I fly itself. Talk about last minute. HAHA!! I got my phone also on the last day. No iPhone guys.. just an ASUS ZenFone 5 LTE!! Coincidentally there was a tech carnival in SS15 so I bought my phone there for RM700 :D Really satisfied with it as its my first smartphone and first android device. Was really bad with it tho. I literally had no idea how to switch on things and everything. SHO BAD HAHA!! Ok, so at night after having my last dinner in Malaysia at a chinese restaurant in USJ19 Digital Mall, a couple of my ehstrians friend stopped by my house to chat and take some pics. Yim, Angeline, Phang Hoong and Zhi Sheng all came and we just chat abit and tried my new phone camera xD It was quite bad haha.. Pictures will be below! Then afterwards Shane, Emily and her dad came along and stayed for an hour plus. Had some fun around the house and so it was time to get ready to go to the airport. Reached the airport and met up with Denzel who flew in from Penang. He helped took a polaroid of me and my family and just stuck together with us until we kinda met up with most of the other PMC people :) I really don't know most of them then other than Denzel. Zhi Jie called me while I was in line to check in for my Abu Dhabi flight and said he was gonna find me. Apparently they planned for a surprise but it kinda went bad cuz I spotted them from like a far far far place away. Too bad the checking in process took forever. I think it took about 2 hours? I lined up for the solo check in but just as it was going to be my turn, Shean's mum pulled me to go to the group check in. There we had to wait for another nearly 1 hour. It was really really depressing just standing holding the luggage while seeing my friends waiting in a corner. It was already 2am plus and they were still waiting for me. Touched. T,T When everything of the check in was done, my dad was already in a foul mood and he rushed me to the gate like ASAP.. Then the choir gang came over with their ipads skyping Poh Lee and Cece hahaha.. We had like a group picture and they were all shoving cards in my arms, I didn't get to know who actually gave me what (Although later I found out that they all had their names on it so it was fine haha :D) After hugging everyone who came including my family members, I go past the guard and down the escalator. Then, they all started singing. BOOM EMOTIONAL OUTBREAK!! They started singing 凤凰花开的路口 which we just learned in choir. Then I started to tear abit and the lady guard standing nearby was like :"Awww.. jangan nangis la." I managed a faint smile as I turned back occasionally just to give them a big wave goodbye. Somehow in your heart you know you will never find another bunch of friends like that ever again. That song will forever hold a special place in my heart. Going through the security check and I really thought how lucky I was and stopped tearing haha.

Believe it or not, its my first time in the International flight of KLIA.. I was actually quite amazed by the way we traveled to the gate. All of us were waiting for the train to go to our gates when I noticed Denzel was missing LOL!! I checked my phone and apparently he called me like lots of time but I didn't realize. Maybe it was because of the new phone or I was too hooked up over my friends. ANYWAY, the rest of the Malaysians went on the train after missing the first one to wait for Denzel while I stayed behind for him haha! We sat the next train and I was feeling so jakun grinning at everything xD We reached the gates and apparently Denzel's gate number and mine was different and mine was the more updated one haha! We went into the gates and joined up with the other Malaysians, might as well just tell you their names. We were on the same flight with Jared, Andrew, David, Mun Hon, Jia Le, Yin Shean, Nurul and we met up with another one in Abu Dhabi. Believe itor not I actually met Hui Xin in the gate!! HAHA!! She was actually flying back to the United States and she was feeling really tired-ish. We talked and talked and talked until we were about to get on the plane. The plane was actually delayed for almost an hour. We eventually boarded the plane at about 4.10am on the 1st of September Malaysian time. Due to the delay, Andrew decided to get  starbucks while waiting. Just as he left, the announcement came that the plane was ready for boarding!! We called him but he didn't pick up so in the end we were the last ones to board the plane as he rushed back without any Starbucks.. Maybe it was because we were the last ones to board the plane, we didn't have alot of space for our luggage so I had to put my cabin bag into the business class while I say in the economy class. For the trip, I sat beside Jia Le which that time actually was quite scary to me since she doesn't smile alot HAHA!! Hui Xin sat like 5-6 rows ahead of me and I was the nearest to the corridor which was good. First thing after getting onboard was to check the mini-screen right in front of my seat which was so interesting to me. Of course since it was 4am I was feeling lil bit tired. But after eating their bread then I watched a few movie before sleeping. Well at least I tried to sleep. For those who haven't been on a long flight before which I assume is a minority, it is so hard to fall asleep OMG! Seats can only be inclined by a bit, and I dunno it just feels weird to sleep. The first 7 hours flight was kinda shit to be honest. The movies were nice and all but the food was really bad. I had orange and apple juice all the way. I watched X-Men:Days of Future Past on the plane but didn't manage to finish it as we landed in Abu Dhabi already.

I think I've seen better airports, thats the first thing that came to my mind as I looked out the window as the plane slowed down on the runway. All I could see was... sand. Depressing. HAHA!! Exited the aircraft and into a traveller bus that fetched us all the way to the inside of the airport where we got to see the inner part of Abu Dhabi airport which I have to say was quite meh. Reminded me of Genting for some reason HAHA!! Since our first flight was delayed, we didn't have to wait long for our next flight to Dublin. Took a few pictures here and there while asking David which is not even 18 but my tech guru since I have no idea how to work an android LOL!! Boarded the plane and the same place all over again. This time, it was an 8 hour flight but the food was so much better!! I watched The Lego Movie on board and thought it was brilliant. Had a can of Kronenburg beer and some douche spilled it on my jeans. Spoke chinese with a Chinese international air stewardess. Anyhow still dread the day I fly back to Malaysia since the flight is so god damn long.. :(  On the flight just as I entered mid Europe I felt really cold so sweater on. Then, entering Irish air space, I could see never ending plains of green. So much better than Abu Dhabi and as we landed, we could feel the cold weather brushing on our skins. After going through the immigration process which was kinda unpleasant, collected our luggage and went out to meet our seniors which I only recognize Alex from the PMC PDO. Collected our town maps and orientation timetable and went into the bus which brought us all the way INTO UCD!! THERE ARE BUSES THAT LEAD STRAIGHT INTO UCD OMG HAPPY XD I know it maybe common but if it means less walking for me, anything will do HAHA :D Checked into our place and had a good ol hotdog with milk shakes free. Got to my house which is the Belgrove House 21 Apartment 2! Everyone was already sitting in the kitchen by the time I arrived. After settling my luggage, I got to talk to them and that was officially our first day of meeting. My flatmates are Luen, Paddy and Elaine. Yes, I live with a girl. with 2 other guys. SO yeah.. HAHA! The first night I was here was really a great introduction to what my life would be. Elaine brought us all over for pre-drinks at her friend's place in Glenomena and then I got to find out about one thing. When you have a bunch of Irish people chatting loudly in a room, it is so hard to listen to what they are saying. Luen has really no problem since its not his first time in Ireland (He is Malaysian, but his mum is Irish). Nowadays I really have gotten used to it as my apartment is also like a mini party house haha :D Trust me, things can get wild. After the pre-drinks, we went to the campus bar and we had a few drinks. That kinda resulted in me being late for orientation the next day LOL!! Sad case haha :)

Its been so long since that day now and I have really fitted in really well. Got a new UCD jacket from the Karaoke night which was super grand as it costs 47.50 Euros which was approx 200 Ringgit. SYOK! :D AND IT LOOKS ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT!! Well so yeah :D Nothing much has happened and I'm involved in Malaysian Night next year so bye bye Tuesdays due to practices pshh.. What to do... Update you guys more soon.. I've been s behind on my blog posts that I don't even know how I'm gonna fit two months of crap into this HAHA!! For now.. See ya guys real soon :) CHEERS!!

Here are some pics to send you guys off :)

Bunch of Ehstrians which took their time to send me off from my house T.T Miss you guys :)

Tong sisters who came to my house for 2 hours and bomb me xD
My great great family <3 td="">

Second family <3 br="">
Airplane food with beer :)
Flight shot form the toilet.


P.s: From now on the sequence of the photos migh
Dublin day travels :)

Inside of Trinity College


River on the way to GP visit


Adventure day with Sze Mean and Justin

Dinner with Joyce cooked by me.. (ingredients by her)



Bridge connecting the two ends separated by Liffey River

Random picnic gang :D

Me and my new sweater won on Karaoke Night <3 td="">

Malaysia Hall in Dublin

Spire in the city

NIKE futsal shoes newly bought <3 td="">

Pancake night with my flatmates.

Met Andrew Scott in UCD and had no idea who he was.

View from the top layer of the double decker bus.

View from the bridge.

River view on the way to GP

Swans in the main UCD lake

Free cupcakes one day XD

Life achievement unlocked!! xD

Long legged spiders :)

Malaysian Hall :)

Jalur Gemilang flying high in Dublin

Hari Raya Qurban open house in Malaysian Hall Dublin

My beautiful plate of food <3 td="">

UCD Main Gate Entrance

Football with the seniors :)

Burger with the other Malaysians in town :)

Entrance to my residence :D

Selfie with the weird building in Dublin haha

Residents in Belgrove House 21 Apartment 2

UCD Main Lake

UCD second lake

Rice cooked by the seniors for us on our first day

St. Stephen's Green

Back to Liffey's River haha

The Health Science Building where I have my classes :)



Selfie with the Malaysians celebrating Mooncake Festival :D

Cheers peeps :)


No comments: